Helpdesk and training fair use policy
SmoothPay is proud to provide extraordinary service in support of it's products, and charges a reasonable annual subscription fee for that service - and we rarely charge extra for going beyond the call of duty.
However, the subscription does not cover:
- repairing corrupted databases caused by sharing a database file across a network or from a file sharing service (such as dropbox, google drive etc) - SmoothPay provides a multi-user option which should always be used if you need to share your payroll database.
- repeated training of staff or training of new staff (this is your responsibility - initial training is provided with each new licence)
- repeated calls regarding networks, printers, internet connectivity issues, firewall and security issues or other technical issues that should be the domain of your IT support
- teaching staff how to use their computer effectively (e.g. windows/mac shortcuts, using the TAB key correctly instead of clicking when completing forms, locating files and folders, using dropbox) etc.
- customisation of the software
- repeated calls about the same topic
- assistance with non-compliant leave accrual methods
- transfer of data from/to other products, including online services
- support provided when TeamViewer access is denied
- disaster recovery where our free online backup service has not been used (or access denied from your system)
Our documentation section provides guides for many of these issues, and users are expected to make use of the documentation, training data and release notes to ensure they have a comprehensive knowledge of their payroll software.
SmoothPay reserves the right to charge for time at our standard hourly rate to cover costs associated with helpdesk usage outside normal parameters ($145/hr as at 1 Feb 2016, plus GST where applicable).